City e-bikes are made for urban commuters. Cyclists typically commute 10-20 miles (or more) a day, plus weekend rides, which can be exhausting on a regular bike, but super fun on an e-bike. In crowded cities, urban e-bikes are the best way to avoid traffic jams. City e-bikes offer unmatched comfort and convenience for everyday commuters and leisure riders. But when choosing a city e-bike, it’s more about practicality and sufficiency than power and durability.
Read also: How to Choose the Best Mountain Electric Bike – (Montain E-bike/blog)
Comfort is Priority
For leisure riders, the number one priority in choosing a city e-bike is comfort. For city riding, comfort may be getting to your destination without sweating, which means you don’t have to pedal as much.
Also consider the following:
- Does the seat provide enough comfort?
- Is it possible to adjust the seat?
- Is an e-bike the right size for you?
Are the wheels big enough? We recommend you go for 26-inch wheels. Because bigger wheels allow you to go farther with every pedalling.
- Large 26” Wheels
- Large Capacity 12.5 Ah Lithium-ion Battery
- 36V 250W High-speed Brushless Gear Motor
- Adjustable Stem Length
- High-strength Front Suspension Fork
- Aluminium Frame
This mountain e-bike Ancheer AMA5685 features many advantages, such as:
- Wide swept-back handlebar and a low step-through frame for extreme comfort
- Increasing hill-climbing power, further range variation, and greater terrain adaptability
- Aluminum double-walled rims for greater durability
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes for reliable all time braking force
Consider the Riding Range for Your Commuting
Riding range is the second most important criterion you should consider when buying a city e-bike. But the riding range is only a reference, it is usually affected by riding habits, terrain, and the battery level before starting the ride. We recommend that you choose a city electric bike with enough range to cover your daily commute, or check out ANCHEER’s city e-bike directly to pick the best city electric bike for your commute to work.
Safety and Portability
Can your city e-bike provide bright enough light when riding the streets at night? Is it light and easily foldable? Are the brakes strong enough? The handlebars are also positioned to help you sit up straight while riding, allowing you to check your surroundings smoothly.
- Bright LED headlamp & horn is equipped for night riding
- 100%Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Collapsible Frame
- High-strength Carbon Steel Front Fork
- Removable 36V8AH Lithium-ion Battery
- 250W High-speed Brushless Gear Motor
- Shimano7-speed Gear
- IPX4 Waterproof
- Lightweight aluminum frame for quick folding and easy storage
- Minimal storage space and easily stored into any vehicle
- Safer riding at night
- A smart lithium battery charger helps you ride up to 25 km/h
- Resistant to water splashes from any direction
Check out the Speed and Motor Power but Don’t Overdo It
You probably won’t need much assistance if you regularly ride on flat streets. Usually, riding in the city, the task of the e-bike is to ensure that it is guaranteed to ride over complete and flat terrain without exceeding the speed limit in your town. Note that steeper slopes tend to take a bigger toll on motor and battery life. But when you need to traverse some dirt paths that are not so smooth, cruiser bikes are ideal for urban riding and some short trips.
Reading this guide will help you better measure the value of a city e-bike, ensuring it meets your needs while ensuring a safer and more comfortable ride.